Complex and traditional fire protection systems, our expertise and creative capacities represent a valuable asset
Dry pipe systems
Dry pipe systems are the second largest sprinkler system used in the world. They are mostly used where there is freezing potential.
- Effective in underground parking lots, refrigerators, non heated buildings;
- The system is filled with air and when there is a pressure drop caused by the activation of a sprinkler head, the water enters the pipe system to put out the fire. Therefore, there is no water in the pipes until a sprinkler head is activated;
- When a sprinkler head detects a fire, the arrival time of water to the farthest sprinkler head occurs most of the time within 60 seconds.
- More complex system that requires more maintenance than traditional water sprinklers;
- More expensive than water sprinklers;
- More risks of corrosion;
- Less flexibility in design for this type of system.
Uses less fresh water than conventional firefighting systems (NFPA).